2010년 3월 11일 목요일

Shameless(2008) - highlight



This was a simple idea taken from title of the song; ‘Shameless’ by Ani Difranco. Everyone has to live in society, and therefore needs to control their emotions. In this work, I hoped to convey through movement the ideas of suffocation, escaping, freedom, anxiety and retreating. The three dancers represent one mind moving as one person. With the three dancers, I tried to teach the same dance and change the direction; small movements on the chair, gave the impression of limited space, and requested a short improvisation in rehearsal. I used three spaces on stage which I represented emotion, limitation and society. In this, I wanted to show how much pressure we feel from of society rather than freedom of emotion. On stage the dancers have to feel like they are being judged and that everything they do is wrong and that they should return to ‘normality’.

filmed on 29/Feb/2008 @ London Studio Centre

by superB Dance Theatre

댓글 없음:

댓글 쓰기